Is this quarantine getting you down? I get it. Especially if it’s hindering your wedding plans or making you have to postpone your event – these are hard and uncertain times and it’s easy to get bogged down by it all! You may have figured this out already, but now is a great time to get some of that planning done. Still up in the air about colors? Check out Pinterest for some inspiration. Wondering about your theme? We’re here to help!
I wanted to put together a little post with some inspiration, encouragement, and some great vendors that we love to support because they are incredible to work with!
First of all, here are 5 of my favorite wedding blogs that I absolutely love. They offer beautiful inspiration as well as some awesome planning tips!
- 100 Layer Cake is an amazing resource for all kinds of brides! It has some great DIY tips, gorgeous and unique design inspiration and is just an all around lovely blog.
- Love & Lavender Weddings offers tons of great tips from jewelry to stationary! I particularly love their styled shoot feature which offers stunning styling ideas to get those creative juices flowing!
- Green Wedding Shoes let’s just say this is your go to for fashion forward wedding “goals.”
- Ruffled Blog an all around amazing wedding blog, but especially right now has some great quarantine planning tips!
- Bridal Musings Classy and clean, great tips for a variety of categories such as hairstyles, registry ideas, and everything in between!
And next a list of some of our favorite vendors! No matter your budget or design style, DIY or delegate, vendors are important. They work together to make your dream day come true, so it’s not only important that they are professional and talented, but also someone you get along with and people that can collaborate with others. We’ve personally worked with each of these vendors multiple times and they are truly some of the best people you will ever meet!
Videography // J Fritts Visuals
And finally, I don’t need to tell you that these are weird times, so bride, go easy on yourself. If you were anticipating your wedding and now it’s on hold, it’s okay to have a good cry. If you’ve had a few more tifs with your fiancé, that’s okay too, it’s normal in these times to have new stressors and new arguments. But just remember, you’ll get through this.
So for now, grab a cup of coffee (or glass of wine) grab your journal, make a list, and keep dreaming your up your dream day because things will go back to normal and the most important thing is that you’re with your person.
As always, my crew at Courtney Bowlden Photography is here to help with anything or any questions that might come up! I have put together a wedding planning guide that I would love to share with you! You can find it here.
XO, Courtney & the Crew